I thought it only fitting to post a blog about corporate headshots today since I’ll be heading off this week to photograph a 50 people business client.
That same client had a few questions regarding what to wear and I was happy to assist with wardrobe suggestions to help them look their best for their session. Here are some tips:
- Wear business attire. Coats and ties for men, buisness suits for women. However, if your company has a more casual image,
then casual attire is welcome as well
- Avoid pinstripes suits. They can confuse the camera lens and draw attention away from your face
- Keep jewelry small and simple. Chunky or large jewelry is often distracting or can reflect the light in weird ways
- Avoid beige and brown as muted colors come across visually less powerful
- Avoid bright colored jackets, but bright undershirts are great for an accent color to make your photo really pop
- Choose primary colors for ties and accents. Small patterns for ties are okay
- If you wear glasses, wear them for your photo if you have anti-reflective coating. If not, it helps to remove them
I hope these tips help you. If you liked this post, show us some love! Click the like button, comment or share it!